NOTE If you have been approved for reimbursements on travel and/or non-travel from the UCLA American Indian Studies Center, please read the following guidelines carefully.
- All travel reimbursement requests must adhere to the G-28, Policy and Regulations Governing Travel (PDF). All entertainment reimbursement requests must adhere to the BUS-79, Expenditures for Entertainment, Business Meetings & Other Occasions (PDF).
- All travel reimbursement requests must be submitted within 7 days of the end of your travel. Beyond 45 days, you will need to submit an explanation of why it was late. Beyond 180 days, you will need to submit an explanation of why it was late AND your reimbursement check will be subject to taxes.
- The Travel & Reimbursement form and Daily Expenses Report must be filled out completely and submitted to us before any reimbursement requests can be processed.
- Not all purchase of items are reimbursable.
- All receipts must be submitted for reimbursement. They must be the original, itemized, and must show method of payment.
- If a receipt that does not show the method of payment, a bank/credit card statement will need to be submitted instead.
- AISC will only reimburse the approved traveler’s expenses. Do not pay for other travelers’ expenses as they will not be reimbursed.
- Gifts: a list of names and affiliations must be provided, along with the gift description and itemized receipt.
- Rental Car + gas: do not purchase any add-ons as they may not be reimbursable. Gas is only reimbursable if you have a rental car.
- Entertainment Expenses: You must have prior approval from AISC before you can make any Entertainment expenses. You must provide a list of attendees (including name, title, and affiliation), the original, itemized receipts, and business justification.
- Airfare: AISC can purchase airfare for you prior to your trip. If you plan on purchasing the airfare on your own, you must provide a receipt that shows your full name, dates of travel, itinerary, and payment method.
- Hotels/lodging and Rental Cars can only be reserved through us and must be paid with personal funds upon check-in. You must submit an itemized receipt to be reimbursed.
- Lodging: daily hotel rates will be capped at $275 per night for trips within the lower 48 states, before taxes and other hotel fees.
- Effective January 1, 2018: The reimbursement rate for the use of private automobile for University business travel is 54.5 cents a mile.
- Effective October 15, 2017: The reimbursement rate for meals per day is up to $62 per day (actual expenses). This is not a per diem!
For any questions, please contact Jamie Chan at firstname.lastname@example.org or Pamela Peters at email@example.com.